3.31.2010

Beyond these Skies....Part 1....A life Changing Moment

It seems that it’s the smallest things that make the biggest difference. A chance encounter, a fleeting thought, a brief conversation, picking up a book meant for you in a book store, or the single image that won’t leave your dreams. It’s the moments you don’t even notice which can start a chain of events that have you suddenly veering off onto a tangent of a lifetime.

If they look back, can most people pinpoint the exact moment that their life changed forever? The defining moment or series of events that coincided to achieve an outcome that they never would have dreamt of? For me, it was a rare moment of acting without thinking. A series of events which brought me to the point of allowing myself to listen to my heart, whilst ignoring my ever cautious mind. I imagined myself walking down ancient streets and felt that strange shift inside of me whenever I thought of that magic word…..Italia! It drew something out of me I couldn’t explain. It held such a power over me I couldn’t resist and in that moment I felt like I had no other choice. “Go,” I whispered to myself, and from that moment forward I gave over to the acceptance that everything in my life would change forever.

That very moment for me, is now over 2 years ago. Those chance encounters and dreams are all long gone. And, Yes, my life has changed forever. Of course, these moments can happen at any time and to anyone. I am not deluded by the thought that my epiphany was the work of true pioneering brilliance, but a moment in my life when I allowed my destiny to take flight with me in tow.

My recent past tells of a period of time spanning over 2 years of travelling, experiencing, and exploring. As I stand here today looking back over my travelling journey, I am proud to say I did it in my own way and got the most out of my experiences and have been lucky to have had many amazing opportunities come my way.

With the perspective of hindsight, I now know my life will never be the same because of the impulse decision I made to leave Australia at such a young age. In such formative years of my life I left behind my life as I knew it and begun the journey of creating another. The moment I made the simple yet huge decision to leave all of the beautiful people whom I cherished as part of my life and take flight to begin the journey in which would create my new destiny, I created a new life. I started down a new road, a new journey, and changed my life as I knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment