6.05.2009

The Vaujany Experience Part 7…...The Great Escape


I could drive to the chalet for work in the morning and look out the window towards the mountain and only see a white blanket of cloud. Literally only being able to see the roof tops in front of me. I would stand at the window in the morning during breakfast service hoping it would clear or break at some point to give me a glimmer of hope that it was only valley cloud and that above it all, a new world existed! So as soon as I got into the cable car and started the ascent, the anticipation and hope quickly building with each meter that we climbed, hoping at any moment to break through the cloud and find a new world above it all. That moment as the cloud started to thin and the blue of the sky began to open up to us was one of the best feelings I experienced each day I went up onto the slopes. Breaking through to sunshine and clear blue skies and finding a new world above it all, was one of the most amazing experiences of the season. And once you are standing on the slopes, feeling as if you are on top of the world, you are instantly transported to a different place. I would stand on top of the mountain looking down towards where I knew our village should be and only see a blanket of fluffy white clouds, simply leaving any work hassles and life in resort behind. I was free to enjoy the beautiful sunshine reflecting off the snow and the joy of skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment