8.25.2011

Attraversiamo...


By this time tomorrow I will have set off to cross my twelfth border into a new country.
It’s at this point, roughly 24 hours before I begin to depart, that I start to get the first pangs of excitement. It’s in these moments I truly know I am meant to be an explorer.

With the knowledge I will soon enter a new culture, with another language, another currency, a new landscape to discover, I find myself bouncing with the anticipation at the thought of a new unknown to explore.
The sense of adventure is what gets me.
I find it captivating and exhilarating all at the same time.

The thought of being able to explore a new unknown and take the time to understand its cultures and people.
I get a real thrill when given the chance to see how people of other countries and cultures live their lives.
I seek to find the similarities or differences in their lives to others.  
Isn’t it fascinating how we can all be of the same race yet because of our surroundings be so utterly different?  

No comments:

Post a Comment