7.22.2009

The Same Yet Different

And now as I return to Herby Cottage for a second summer I can see the transformation clearer than ever. The Kim that lived here last year within these four walls fighting her inner demons and delving deep within herself in order to find an identity fought an almighty battle, which can still be felt within these stone walls. Her heavy heart and negative thoughts are still palpable all around me as I lay my weary head down, tired from the ski season. Self loathing and obsessive behaviours are still lurking in amongst the shadows, lingering around in the hope of latching back onto their friendly host which fed them so well last year. But this year they do not recognise her and soon decide to pack up their bags and go in search of a new host to haunt.

It has certainly been a wonderful yet confronting experience coming face to face with the two very different Kim’s that have lived within these 4 stone walls which I call home for 7 months of the year. I knew the five months spent working a ski season had changed me, but I wasn’t quite ready to witness the changes so drastically in front of my very own eyes as I walked through those doors. The contrast has been a confirmation that I have grown and become a stronger, happier, more independent woman. I feel more confident than I ever have before and now understand my capabilities, passions and strengths, which were only just beginning to dawn on me as I left Tuscany in October last year.

So, with depression and loneliness dealt with for now, I am able to admire Italy with new eyes and feel content with the knowledge that happy people surround me in every direction and know that it is a sign that I too am happy. And now I am able to get on with the art of living here in Bella Toscana Ancora.

No comments:

Post a Comment