5.20.2009

London…..Part 3. The Land of Opportunity

London seems to be the kind of place where if you stand still for long enough, you can be approached by anyone trying to sell you something, sign you up for a research project or offer you jobs. I was standing outside Topshop waiting for Jo to arrive one afternoon when all of a sudden there was a guy standing in front of me, holding up a camera in front of my face. The first thing he asked me was if I had done any modelling before? “Umm, No!” Next question….., “Are you wearing contacts or are those blue eyes natural?” “Umm, they’re natural! Why?” “You should be a model!” and with that, he thrust a card into my hand and said to call him, and on he went, to find his next wannabe model. And just like that, a new opportunity on your door step. That’s London for you. I wonder how many people actually believe him and call the number!?

There is a buzz about London which seems to sing ‘SUCCESS’. It seems that everyone is trying to make a break, to climb the ladder of career status or turn there 5 digit bank balance into a 6 or 7 digit number overnight. The city simply never sleeps. There is always something to do, always someone to meet or somewhere to be. Everyone is in a hurray and following the tune of their own agenda. Everyone seems to be out for themselves, living life to succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment